James M. (Jim) Hicks — Founder & President
5 William Street, Rumson, NJ 07760
- Prior to launching ACG in 1999, his last executive position was Chief Operating Officer of Nautica Enterprises in New York City
- Previously, was Executive Vice President of Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation for seven years…restructured many processes and recruited a number of outstanding executives
- Worked as Process Improvement Consultant with Conway Quality for two years in the early nineties…helped industrial clients such as ITT implement the Deming Management Method
- First executive search experience was with the prominent international firm, Egon Zehnder International, in the Atlanta office in the late eighties.
- In the mid-eighties, was general manager of the new Lawn Care Division for consumer services giant, Rollins Inc., in Atlanta
- First line management position was with Atlanta-based Oxford Industries; as division president, led turnaround of struggling West coast apparel division, which had lost money for ten straight years…then promoted to President of Polo for Boys in New York
- Began business career in early seventies with the prestigious consulting firm, Kurt Salmon Associates…spent nine years in operations, marketing and general management consulting
- With a thirty year career almost equally split between line management, business consulting and executive search—Jim has worked in over ten different industries, including apparel/textile, food & lodging, consumer goods, heavy industrial, transportation, retail, technology & communications and others.
- BSIE from Auburn University…MBA from The University of Hawaii…former officer in the United States Coast Guard