To lead the USA launch of two established European brands
Our client, LEUCHTTURM1917, is a well-established European marketer of premium accessories in the “lifestyle paper products” industry—notebooks, planners, folders, albums and portfolios.
With an impressive history of success throughout Europe and Asia, our client is now ready to recruit a highly focused sales team to promote the sales of their branded products in the United States.
Based in Greater New York City area. The new sales executive will be based in the company’s customer service facility in Fairfield, NJ—a quick 20-minute drive from NYC on Interstate 80. He/she will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing for North America, who is based in Montreal.
In a nutshell, the new executive will be charged with rapidly growing the business in the United States for the Leuchtturm1917 and the recently-acquired Semikolon brands. Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinating relevant sales rep organizations throughout the USA to achieve dollar sales targets, along with the ultra-important brand presence and image desired.
- Prospecting and managing key accounts such as retail chains and specialty stores that will properly showcase the company’s distinctive line of quality merchandise.
- Attending 4 to 6 trade shows per year
- Promoting business in retail and B2B environments.
- Overseeing the direct-to-consumer internet business.
- Coordinating the customer service team in New Jersey
Experience. The candidate we seek will have successful sales experience in the gift or lifestyle accessories industry and will be familiar with the better class of trade where our client wishes to build their brand presence in the USA.
The successful candidate will be a highly energetic, entrepreneurial individual who enjoys a challenge. He/she will probably have experience as a sales rep, sales manager or VP of Sales for another lifestyle accessories organization. We envision that this new executive is currently living and working in the greater NYC area; although relocation to the area for the best candidate is a possibility.
Rare Career Opportunity. The new sales executive will be joining a first-class, family-owned organization with a sterling reputation for quality. Almost 100 years old, LEUCHTTURM has a long history of loyalty to, and superb treatment of, their team members.
Meet the Stürken family and the LEUCHTTURM team